It was our intention to give away 20 of these amazing swings but with over 80 responses we felt inclined to add another 10. SO WE ARE GIVING AWAY 30 SWINGS! We sure wish we could give one to everyone.
Entries were taken from a link posted on Facebook and then recipients were chosen randomly using Random.org.
The 30 recipients are below.
As witnesses to the degenerative cruelty of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), we founded Jadon’s Hope Foundation (JHF) in honor of our son Jadon (aka “The BUG”.) Jadon was diagnosed with SMA at two months of age and we will celebrate his 9th birthday on June 25, 2018. JHF’s mission is to promote SMA awareness, fund research efforts and support families just like you that are impacted by and fighting this cruel disease. Shortly following his diagnosis, we were given the phrase “Life isn’t about waiting for the storms to pass, It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” This has become our mantra. Our battle cry. And we hope others facing the raging storm that is SMA will also learn to “Dance in the Rain.”
Jadon’s Hope Foundation is 100% volunteer based, so all fundraising efforts go towards supporting our mission and funding the many programs we are honored to be a part of. Since Jadon’s diagnosis, we are proud of the opportunities we have been involved in to support the SMA community:
- Over $50,000 donated to help fund gene therapy research
- Funding support partner for the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation “Project Mariposa”
- Purchasing 35+ pieces of adaptive equipment for the Cure SMA equipment closet
- Funding twenty Angel Arm wishes through Jacey’s Journey
- Providing medical supplies to SMA families
- Funding gift cards to SMA Medical Supply
- Partnering with Getty Owl Foundation in 2016 to provide 20 platform swings
- Funding projects to make homes and vehicles accessible for use
- Granting fluidized positioners through JHF “Snug as a Bug” program
- Granting 5 customized high-raised beds through JHF “Bed of Hope” program
- Helping fund doctor/medical specialist visits
- Providing financial support for Celebration of Life services as families say good-bye to their precious ones
We invite you to learn more about JHF at http://www.JadonsHope.org. Make sure you keep up with foundation updates by Liking our Facebook page – Jadon’s Hope Foundation. Please post pictures of you using your new swing to our Facebook page; our supporters love to see all of Jadon’s amazing warrior friends! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, congratulations on to our 2018 Summer Swingin’ program recipients!
Not Pictured – Jericho Chadsey